September Photo Diary



September was busy, stressful, and honestly... I am glad it is over! The two stressful parts about September was (1) studying for PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) and taking the class (required for my job as a PNP in the children's ER). I passed, but boy, I was a wreck while I took that exam!
(2) Feeling insecure and incompetent as a nurse and pediatric nurse practitioner since I am learning a lot of new skills in both of my part-time jobs. I needed to remember over and over to give myself grace and not expect perfection.

There was a whole lot of fun adventures in September as well! Here are some of the highlights!

- Taking a walk this past weekend with Greg on a trail near our apartment. Check out that sunset!
- Reading This Is Where You Belong: The Art and Science of Loving Where You Life (Melody Warnick) and journaling new ways to help me discover more in my city.
- Best home-made meal this month: Grilled Chicken Kebab Bowls. YUM!
- Read The Power of Habit and want to work on making healthier habits (flowchart from HERE)
 We went to Oregon for one of my best friends' weddings. She was a gorgeous bride! Also went to another wedding that weekend, one of my brother's best friend's wedding.
 While in Oregon, we did some hiking with my brothers, caught up with a sweet older couple I adore and walked around some of my favorite areas in Vancouver, Wa. It was so restorative for our souls to be in the outdoors and relax together. And I loved seeing some autumn colors in the trees since doesn't really happen in Texas. I also LOVED hanging out with my family at my parents' house. My brother, his wife, and their two adorable kids came over a few nights and I love catching up with them and seeing how much my nephew and niece are growing.
 We got home from our trip and 2 days later, were on the road to Dallas to hang out with Greg's siblings. We loved the Dallas World Aquarium and getting drinks up on the Reunion Tower while enjoying the view during sunset! It was great catching up with Greg's siblings, but by the time we got back, we were exhausted from two back-to-back trips. 

What were some of the highlights of September for YOU? 

Comments