August Goals



This month was a roller-coaster! I got to visit family in Oregon, started a new job in the ER of a children's hospital, spent 4th of July weekend in the Texas hill country, and spent time with friends in San Antonio. I took a break from writing (both novel and blogging) due to focusing on the transition to my new job. I started a book club with gals from church and started volunteering as a librarian in our church's library. And I started jogging again, which has been rough since it is so hot right now in Texas, but feels good to be active again. 

_____________________________________________________________________


July Goals
SPIRITUAL GOALS
(1) Continue studying attributes of God through Jen Wilkin's book, None Like Him. Journal what I am learning as well as answering the questions at the end of each chapter (Yes! It was SO GOOD! HERE are a few posts about what I have been learning through this book)
(2) Memorize one verse  (Yes! I memorized 5 verses in July. Hebrews 4:12; Psalm 139:1, 14; Psalm 51:1; 1 Peter 5:7)
(3) Stay on track with my daily Bible Reading Plan

PHYSICAL/NUTRITIONAL GOALS
(1) Make a better effort this month to dramatically decrease dairy, gluten, and processed foods since this helped my GI issues and acne in April (Yes and no. Definitely not as good as I should be. I have been cooking healthy but not being very intentional when we eat out)
(2) Workout twice a week (Yes and no. A few weeks went well and then a few weeks of only once a week)

LEARNING GOALS
(1) Read 5 books (Yes, I read 9. HERE are my reviews)
(2) Remember to have grace for myself with my new job: I don't have to know everything (and I won't!) and it's ok to ask questions. (Yes, this was a tough one because my anxiety increased this month as I transitioned to working in the ER as a pediatric nurse practitioner, but it has been great to process all the emotions with my counselor as well as with Greg and with friends.)

WRITING GOALS
(1) Write 3-4 times a week and write 3-4 chapters. (Nope. I decided early in July that I wouldn't have time or energy to work on writing fiction this month, so this was on the back burner)

SOCIAL GOALS
(1) Write to my Compassion Child (and remember to pray for her throughout the month)

MARRIAGE GOALS
(1) Take time on Sunday evenings to ask each other THESE questions to help reflect on our week and how we can be helping one another in the following week (No, I need to get back to this!)
(2) Find new ways to have quality time together, especially since June is gonna be a busy month! (Yes! Check our July Photo Diary HERE)

FINANCIAL GOALS
(1) Continue weekly chats about our finances and looking over our expenses using YNAB (No, we need to get back to doing this!)

_____________________________________________________________________

August Goals

SPIRITUAL GOALS
(1) Finish reading Malachi, 1 & 2nd Chronicles to stay on track with this Bible Reading Plan
(2) Continue to quiz myself (and remember to meditate on) July's memory verses: Hebrews 4:12; Psalm 139:1, 14; Psalm 51:1; 1 Peter 5:7

PHYSICAL/NUTRITIONAL GOALS
(1) Exercise twice a week
(2) Eliminate dairy and gluten everyday except ONE cheat meal per week

LEARNING GOALS
(1) Read 6 books, including The Hiding Place (our book club's first pick!)
(2) Review nurse practitioner books/coursework to help me improve my skills for my new job

WRITING GOALS
(1) Write one chapter of my novel 
(2) Blog atleast once a week.

SOCIAL GOALS
(1) Write to my Compassion Child (and remember to pray for her throughout the month)
(2) Have a friend or two over for dinner

MARRIAGE GOALS
(1) Take time on Sunday evenings to ask each other THESE questions to help reflect on our week and how we can be helping one another in the following week. We've been slacking on this the past few months!
(2) Use THESE husband prayer cards to remember to pray for Greg daily

FINANCIAL GOALS
(1) Restart our Tuesday evenings when we discuss finances and looking over our expenses using YNAB. We've been slacking the past two months!


Comments

  1. Amazing energy! Blessings on your pursuit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I've been thinking about posting monthly as a way to track my progress on goals and this is good encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl 9 books is so impressive!
    also i love your august goals - and i'm heading over to look at those marriage questions!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice