Summer Reading List 2016

I have never planned what to read in the summer, but was inspired by blogger friends, Rachel and Victoria, as well as the Summer Reading Guide from  Modern Mrs. Darcy. I figure it will be a good way to finally get to a few books that have been on my bookshelf for the past few months. So, here are the seventeen books I am hoping to read by September.




BOOKS I OWN & HAVE BEEN WANTING TO READ
The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller
A Promise Kept: The Story of an Unforgettable Love by Robertson McQuilin
Holy Is The Day by Carolyn Weber
None Like Him: 10 Ways God Is Different From Us by Jen Wilkin
Calm My Anxious Heart: A Women's Guide To Finding Contentment by Linda Dillow (re-read)
Disciplines of a Godly Woman by Barbara Hughes (re-read)
Living By The Book: The Art And Science of Reading The Bible by Howard G. Hendricks (currently reading)

BOOKS TO CHECK OUT FROM THE LIBRARY
Anne of Windy Poplars (Anne of Green Gables # 4) by L.M. Montgomery (currently reading)
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
Lila by Marilynne Robinson
Bird by Bird by Ann Lamott
The Art of Fiction by John Gardner 
The Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr. and E.B. White
Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert

(FREE!)LIBRIVOX AUDIOBOOKS
Anne's House of Dreams (Book 5) by L.M Montgomery
Anne of Ingleside (Book 6) by L.M Montgomery 


_________________________________________

What books are YOU hoping to get to this summer?


Comments

  1. I really need to stop reading these lists from bloggers. My list keeps growing and growing and growing. So many good finds here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice