August Goals

I'm becoming a broken record, but I'll say it again: This month flew by too quick! It was a busy mix of fun adventures (Pacific City in the Oregon Coast and Yellowstone), wedding planning, and moving out of my apartment I've called home for three years and into my parent's home until I get married in October. I didn't get to do a few of the things I was hoping, so I had to remember to give myself grace and put certain things off until next month as I realized I cannot do it all.

I focused on this verse as I struggled this month with so much change coming up starting this month and onward in the next several months:

"Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill His promises to her"
Luke 1:45

God has promised us so much in the Bible and believing in those promises gives us rest even amidst shifting seasons and uncertain futures. God promises to supply all my needs (Philippians 4:19), to give us peace when our minds are  focused on Him (Isaiah 26:3), to protect us (Psalm 91:4-6), to deliver us from fear (Psalm 34:4), and so much more! My heart and mind have been comforted by these promises in the past and continued this month to speak hope amidst all the busyness and worry. 

____________________________________

July Goals

>> Send paperwork to transfer my RN license to Texas
>> Write to my Compassion International child
>> Check Mint weekly to budget and see spending trends (only did this once all month. Yikes!)
>> Get in bed by 11 on work nights 
>> Exercise 2-3 days a week with a mix of pilates, jogging, gym (sadly nope. took a few walks and hikes, though)
>> Work on increasing clean eating (unfortunately no. it was a crazy busy month and I are out a lot)
>> Write another post for the "journal of a miss to mrs" series about the temptation to give into people-pleasing and perfection-seeking with wedding planning as well as productivity becoming an idol (yes! here)
>> Post another NYC travel post (yes! here)
>> Enjoy  beach trip weekend with some of my girl cousins! (yes! so fun!)
>> Enjoy our family's Yellowstone trip! (yes, yes, yes!!)
>> Move out of my apartment  (yes! it was quite the headache, but feels good to cross this off!)
>> Buy wedding shoes (lovely ivory lace flats for $24!!!)
>> Find someone to do my wedding hair and makeup (yes! my trial is in august!)
>> Finish my 8-week study reading Anything by Jennie Allen (read the review)
>> Read two books (the reviews of the three books i read)

August Goals
>> Send paperwork to transfer my RN license to Texas
>> Write to my Compassion International child
>> Check Mint weekly to budget and see spending trends
>> >> Exercise 2-3 days a week with a mix of pilates, jogging, gym 
>> Work on increasing clean eating 
>> Read 3 books 
>> Go through "This Is The Gospel" series by She Reads Truth
>> Pick up my dress and then drop it off with my seamstress to get altered
>> Have a garage sale
>> Meet with 2-3 friends for intentional and honest conversations

Some of July's highlights:
* a belated birthday lunch at a fancy restaurant I've been wanting to try
* finding my wedding shoes for $24!
* a cousin's weekend beach trip to Pacific City
* family trip to Yellowstone (Greg came too!)
* sunset engagement photos 
* saying goodbye to by apartment for the past 3 years

goodbye july, hello august!

Comments

  1. dang girl you are getting it done!
    i LOVEEE those shoes
    and your august goals! ON POINT! especially the dress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice