July Goals

Happy 4th of July, everyone! I rang in the new month with lots of family time this weekend, complete with a sunny park day, grilling delicious food, and watching the firework show while being eaten alive by mosquitos. As I reflect a bit on the past month, I am tempted to see all of the things I did not get done, but in reality, it was a productive month that a to-do and goal list cannot fully show. So, I will rejoice in those things I got to check off but also in the things that are still left to do in July because there were things that had higher priority (like spending the week in Texas with Greg and close friends!).  Here's a bit of a review ...
June Goals

>>Renew my ARNP and RN licenses 
>>Renew my drivers license
>>Send paperwork for my Texas RN license 
>>Write to my Compassion International kiddo
>> Check Mint (for budgeting) weekly
>>Read 2 books  (three books … check out the book reviews)
>>Start a new book of the Bible to study for 2 months (I'm doing an in-depth study on 1 Corinthian 13)
>>Get to bed by 11 on work nights  (I was probably 50-75% with this one this month)
>>Meet with wedding florist and decide on flowers
>>Get engagement photos done in San Antonio 
>>Start premarital counseling when in San Antonio (it was awesome!!)
>>Exercise 2-3x a week with a mix of pilates, weight-lifting, and jogging
>>Slowly edge towards a more paleo diet once again (I did well for about a week)
>>Write another post for the "journal of a miss to mrs" series about the temptation to give into people-pleasing and perfection-seeking with wedding planning as well as productivity becoming an idol (still have to do this!)

>> post about NYC (yes, here's part one)

_____________________________________________

July Goals

>> Send paperwork to transfer my RN license to Texas
>> Write to my Compassion International child
>> Check Mint weekly to budget and see spending trends
>> Get in bed by 11 on work nights
>> Exercise 2-3 days a week with a mix of pilates, jogging, gym
>> Work on increasing clean eating
>> Write another post for the "journal of a miss to mrs" series about the temptation to give into people-pleasing and perfection-seeking with wedding planning as well as productivity becoming an idol
>> Post another NYC travel post
>> Enjoy this weekend's beach trip with some of my girl cousins!
>> Enjoy our family's Yellowstone trip!
>> Move out of my apartment 
>> Buy wedding shoes
>> Find someone to do my wedding hair and makeup
>> Finish my 8-week study reading Anything by Jennie Allen
>> Read two books


Some of my favorite memories from June (top left to right): 
--> celebrating my nephew's 3rd birthday with family
--> boating with family
--> taking my brother to see the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum (he's been asking to go for the past year)
--> ringin' in 29 in Texas with my fiancé (delicious breakfast, day trip in Fredricksburg, and dinner at a Brazilian steakhouse!)
--> conquering my fears at Six Flag's Fiesta Texas (I went on all of Greg's favorite rides, so I am giving myself a bit of bragging rights)
--> giving a journal to Greg that I had been writing to my future husband the past 8 years! I wondered how my future husband would react one day when I gifted him this journal. Would he like it? Would he think it was weird? Well, Greg LOVED it, and it was such an awesome reminder of God's faithfulness through my single years (I wrote in the last page of the journal exactly one month prior to meeting Greg in Jan 2014!). 
--> Sunset stroll through Portland's Rose Garden with sweet friends.

Comments

  1. Loved the journal idea! I've written a few letters to my future husband, but a journal is a beautiful idea. Blessings to you & Greg! Oh, & happy belated birthday!
    -Bess-

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice