Cooking with Elle // Gluten-Free Rosemary Shortbread Cookies


These delicious cookies are perfect for any occasion. I nibbled on a few [ok, ok, maybe more than "a few"] while sipping on tea and reading in my reading nook one day, then packed a few for separate picnics by the river and the beach in the last few weeks. They are simple to make and gluten-free for those who are trying to limit or totally cut out gluten but have a sweet tooth.

Gluten-Free Rosemary Shortbread Cookies

Prep time: 10 min  Total time: 1 hr 30 min  Makes: 18 cookies
1/2 cup  butter (softened; I use grass-fed butter, but any butter will do)
3 tbsp honey (I used organic, but again, any works)
1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
2 cups  almond flour
½ tsp  sea salt 
____________________________

1.  In a large bowl using a hand mixer or  food processor, mix together  butter & honey.
2.  Add the rosemary, almond flour, and salt. Mix well.
3.  Shape dough into an 8 inch roll and wrap in plastic wrap.  
Refrigerate for at least an hour or freeze to use at a later time.
4.  After refrigerated or frozen, preheat oven to 325° F (163° C).
5.  Remove the dough from the plastic wrap and cut into ¼ inch (6 mm) slices.
6.  Place on baking sheets, separated by at least an inch.
7.  Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
8.  Cool for several minutes before removing from the pan. Enjoy! 
The last photo is not my own. It is from the source of the recipe at Nourished. I ate the cookies too quickly to snap a photo of the finished product. Ooops!

Comments

  1. Never thought of Rosemary in cookies! Or any dessert for that matter! Thanks for posting Elena, can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi girls! They were SO good! The honey balanced with the rosemary quite nicely!

      Delete
  2. OooO! I love a good shortbread cookie, but have yet to try rosemary shortbread. Adding to my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE these! I just made another batch this week and devoured them within a few day. They are not too sweet (juuust right!) and the rosemary is a delicious touch!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice