Cooking with Elle // Honey Lemon Chicken

Honey Lemon Chicken

I am not a huge meat-eater, but I have recently been trying new chicken dishes and purchasing free-range, antibiotic-free organic chicken breast. This recipe is so good, I made it twice in the last few weeks. The recipe in Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantryby Elana Amsterdam  (p. 65) calls for a whole chicken, but I substituted chicken breast since that is the only part of the chicken I typically eat. I made a few other changes to the recipe and love the result.

What You Need:
2 lb chicken breast
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp sea salt
2-3 lemons, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
1 head of garlic

Preheat the oven at 350*F then rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut into strips and place in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and honey, sprinkle with salt. Place onions, lemons, and garlic in between the chicken breasts.

Bake the chicken for 60-80 minutes, until well browned. 
Serve with kale avocado salad and voila! A delicious paleo meal,
full of proteins, healthy fats, and tons of nutrients!

Liked this recipe? Check out more on the Cooking with Elle series!

Comments

  1. uhh YUMMMMMMMMMM i love honey with chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy! This is the bomb.com! Love this chicken recipe!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! It is so easy to make! And it's so delicious!

      Delete
  3. Adding this to my summer cooking recipes to try soon list (yes, this list totally exists)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, you should share what else is on that list! I love new recipes!

      Delete
    2. Well, recently I made this dish, and LOVED it: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2014/01/queso-fundido/

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice