travel tuesday//garden stroll

Welcome back to travel tuesday! Today I am sharing a few photos from my much-needed introvert time at Jardin des Plantes on my last full day in Paris this past August as well as a few shots of one of our adorable Parisian apartments we rented.

Jardin des Plantes is the main botanical garden in France. In 1635, Louis XIII's physician created a medicinal garden here that was originally called the Jardin du Roi ("Garden of the King")

After several days surrounded by family, I needed some quiet time. Don't get me wrong. I loooved vacationing in Paris with family (several aunts, uncles, cousins, parents, and sister) and will always treasure the time we had together, but I am a natural introvert and I was in need of some quiet time. Luckily, our adorable Parisian apartment was only a few blocks away from the jardin. It was so nice to walk around on this sunny day gazing at the beautiful blooms in the garden. People-watching was so fun. This is a much less populated garden compared to Luxembourg and Toulleries so the people-watching including French people in their element: Lazy Sundays. 


We ended up having some of our relatives over for dinner at our little apartment I found through AirBnB. We loved this little gem! It was furnished in such an adorable fashion and was directly in the center of Paris, so it was so convenient to get around. 


 Here was our neighborhood! We grabbed breakfast croissants and baguettes each morning prior to our adventures while we stayed here!
I am missing Paris so much. It was a beautiful trip and was filled with so many great experiences. I loved seeing my parents care-free and enjoying life. It was my second summer in a row in Paris and I think I could go to Paris 5 more summers in a row without getting tired of this romantic city.

Next week for Travel Tuesday: NICE!

Check out the link-up with Bonnie at A Compass Rose

Comments

  1. Beautiful photos! I have been to Paris, but never to that garden. Will have to make note of it for my next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, as always!! Cute apartment!! I'm sure it's been fun to reminisce your time in Paris, but makes you miss it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I wouldn't mind a summer (or 2 or 3!) in Paris :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! I want to go to Paris (all of Europe) so bad and even more now after looking at your pictures. Look at those flowers. Look at that architecture! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'aime la ville de Paris. Bâtiment historique et tellement amusant d'avoir ici et les photos que vous avez cliqué sont vraiment bons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net the
    simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries
    that they plainly don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the
    whole thing without having side effect , people
    can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.
    Thanks

    Also visit my web-site: wedding cakes Gauteng

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice