leavenworth // part two

I love looking back at the photos from last weekend's quick trip to Leavenworth, Washington. It gets me into the Christmas mood all over again, which is important since the Big Day is a mere five days away! Yikes! I don't know about any of you, but I do not like how quickly Christmas came around this year. I still have so much to do! And yet, this past weekend was a great breath of fresh (Washington) air. Surrounded by family and celebrating Jesus' birth by singing Christmas carols was a blast. And the millions upon millions of colorful lights didn't hurt either.  The alp-like mountains and Bavarian-designed buildings add the perfect old world charm to brighten up the magic of the season.

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy part two of my three-part reminiscing of Leavenworth (check out part one).
 My sisters and I were frozen and exhausted, so we relaxed in the upstairs sitting room of one of the beautiful hotels across the street. I soon grew restless and wanted to catch more of the sights, so I let them relax and I went out to shoot some photos of this wonderland of lights.
 A nativity skit was going on when I walked by the gazebo, so of coarse I stopped and watched :)
 My sweet parents looking all love-dovey as always. It's fun to organize trips for them and watch them relax. It doesn't happen as often as it should, but when it does, it is a joy.

What a blessing this past weekend was! I am missing it already! 

Comments

  1. It's so beautiful! All of the lights and decorations. I want to visit there next Christmas. Hope you have a wonderful day.


    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful pictures!!! I love all the lights! I totally agree, Christmas snuck up on us way too fast. I wish it came in two parts or something.. or perhaps christmas eve for a whole week, then christmas for a whole week... how fun would that be :) Have a great holiday season!!

    Christy
    Sunny with a side of...

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO beautiful! I NEED to go there next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Now I REALLY want to visit Leavenworth in the winter!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice